Free School Meals
This criteria for eligibility is where parents/guardians are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers’ Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and have an annual gross income, of no more than £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs1
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Applying for free school meals
A parent may wish to check their child’s eligibility for Pupil Premium or continued free school meals (from Key Stage 2) and HC3S has an online service for this. The service allows you to check your own eligibility for free school meals, or you can check on behalf of someone else.
To complete a check you will need the following information for yourself, or the person you are checking on behalf of:
- Name, home address and email address
- National Insurance Number or National Asylum Support Service reference number
- Child’s name, date of birth and school
Please note that by following the link below to the online free school meals eligibility checking service, you are leaving Hampshire County Council’s website.
The data you enter on the screen will be used to process your request.